Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend









I was planning on updating every week, but............well, you know how it goes. We had a wonderful weekend listening to General Conference. I loved the talk by Elder Wirthlin about how to handle adversity......."try to laugh". I also enjoyed the talk by (??? can't remember now) about living in the here and now and being thankful for what we have. The kids did great and stopped to listen to our Prophet whenever he spoke. They kept entertained with their "Conference Packets" which had lots of fun activities and pictures to color.

I did have to pause the tivo a few times on Saturday to take Savannah to ballet class and pick her up and I had to take Alex to a football game (he made a tackle!!!). A few weeks ago, Jeremy and I went shopping to buy the supplies we needed to put together 72 hour kits. During the break between the Sunday sessions we assembled our kits. I'm amazed at how much stuff we needed for a family of 6!!!! Hopefully if anything happens that we would need those kits, we'd be able to use them at home or use our car because I don't know how far we'd get on foot. Hopefully we'll never have to find out, but it a peacful feeling to get that taken care of. (It only took us 12 1/2 years.)

As for other news for the past few weeks......Savannah has been doing lots of homework. I finally cut Alex's hair. He also lost his first tooth and is $1 richer!!! Micah got his foot caught in the spokes of a bike while getting a ride from a bigger boy. It is gruesome to look at but he's ok. He and Gray have been playing a new game where Gray lays on a blanket and Micah pulls him around on the wood floor. Gray got some new teeth in and has been busy finding pencils and writing all over the walls with them. He also had his first hair cut and is big enough to wear the much loved "cow suit" !! ( I thought you'd like to know that Ben and Megan!) I've been busy cleaning walls (and everything else). I'm also attempting to make "quiet books". Wish me luck!! Jeremy, well, you can guess what he's been doing. Working and crying over the Cubs.

4 comments:

Jcsamgwallace said...

As for Jeremy "crying over the Cubs" that is a drastic exaggeration as I am a Braves fan at heart. But, since the Braves finished 2nd to last in their division this year, I am still crying. :-) All that weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth are the disillusioned Chicagoans being disillusioned once again by the "Lovable Losers".

Diana said...

hurray for the update...I love all the pictures. As for Gray writing on the walls try to embrace President Monson's suggestion "Enjoy the journery NOW" Good luck my friend:) Way to go on the 72 hr kits. I need to update mine. Mag's bag still has diapers and Kenna's probably has size 4 big girls.

Meg said...

Oh the cow suit! Funny you would mention it cause I just saw a DI (Deseret Industries) ad with a kid with the COW SUIT on! I said, "Ben, I can't believe they got rid of the cow outfit!" I am glad to see that you didnt! I love the update. You all sound so good! Please tell them all hi!
Love you!
Megan

The Skiing Wallaces said...

I,too, think that is great you did your 72 hr kits. I always say I'll update mine at fall General conference, but oops....already came & went. Ours probably have moldy food in them.