Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend




For Thanksgiving we had our good friends, the Cheneys' over for the weekend. Jeremy went to high school with Ben and we have kept in touch with them over the years. They now live in Wisconsin. Jeremy started the day by playing football with the other old guys in the ward. I wasn't there, but rumor has it that Jeremy was the star of the game! We had a delicious and huge dinner as usual then stayed up late (1:30 am) playing Settlers of Catan. Then Rachel and I got up to go shopping on Black Friday. We got some great deals and had a blast! On Saturday we kept our tradition of cutting down our Christmas tree. There are not any national forest close enough to go truck through to woods out here so went to a tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. We saw a real reindeer, and took a hay ride to the field where we cut our tree. It was very muddy, but at least it wasn't a blizzard like last year! We also got to visit Mrs. Claus in her little house and she taught us a few things about Santa. Did you know that his favorite kind of cookies are the colorfull ones? We also got to put the kids names on the "nice" list! All in all it was a wonderful weekend.
As I was cleaning the house to get ready for company and Thanksgiving, Micah came up to me and asked if his hair looked any shorter. Of coarse that question made me stop what I was doing and look. Sure enough he had cut a lot of hair from the top of his head and he cut it SHORT!! So I had to try to even things up by cutting off all of his beautiful golden curls. Very sad, but it will grow back.......eventually.


P.S. I somehow deleted all of the blog addresses for all of my friends. Will you all please leave a comment with your blog for me? Thanks!!

6 comments:

Meg said...

YEAHHHHH!!!! A new post! Good job Chris on the postings, the new layout, all the pictures...it looks SO great. Nice work. The kids look great and it sounds like a memorable holiday for your family. So the pic of Micah...was that before, or after you struck him for cutting his hair? That is kind of funny actually (for me the non-parent of Micah). Also, nice job with the coat collection, great for your kids too. We love you and cant wait to see you at the end of the month. Give all the kiddies a hug for us.
Mego Prego

Shauna said...

Chris! I love the new layout! You found a cute template. Love the family pictures! Your kids are getting so big.

Unknown said...

Hello Jeremy, Chris and kids,

Thank you so much for the Christmas card! We enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading the comments.
We are working on a recent family history with pictures which we will send you in the near future.

Love you and we'll keep in touch!

Paul and Carine

Diana said...

Yah for Settlers of Cantan and cutting down your Christmas Tree. Oh how I miss you guys!!!! Do you remember the year we went up to the Uintah's and chopped down our trees in a couple feet of snow??? Oh the good old days! This Friday we are having all the old friends over for dinner - wish you could be with us. I read on Megs comment that she would be seeing you at the end of the month are you coming to Utah? I will keep my fingers crossed. I love your fam pics - there are amazing!!!

Okie said...

Sounds like a cool thanksgiving.

Gotta love the Catan. I don't think we played Catan on Thanksgiving, but we hit it up over that weekend along with other games.

Brodie Mower said...

Chris, your blog is beautiful, your truly are wonder woman to be able to get done everything that you do!

I'll have to be watching for new posts, keep up the great work, I'm really excited to see you guys when you come out! Your family pics are gorgeous by the way!