Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Gray (and Happy Easter)

I've been feeling guilty that I haven't gotten Gray's birthday pictures up on the blog yet. I got Alex's birthday pictures up right away, but poor Gray has to wait and wait. And what is even worse is that I only took a couple of pictures of his little party. I promise, Gray, I do love you as much as I love Alex. So here it is. Gray turned two on March 27th. We just had a little party with the family. He has recently discovered Curious George and so I made him a cake that looked like a monkey (Kinda...I gave it my best shot anyway!). He blew out the candles on his first try. We gave him a little wagon with some blocks in it and he thought that was great. Happy Birthday to you Gray! We all love you and get a kick out of watching you do all of the cute things you do!




We had a fun time dying Easter Eggs last Saturday. Gray got really into it and was a little rough with the eggs. He kept dropping them into the dye and splashing all over. It was nerve wracking with all those cups of dye and all those little excited hands, but we survived with not one spilled cup! Easter morning the kids searched for the eggs as is a tradition for us. We were surprised at how quickly Gray picked it up. No one had to show him, he just started grabbing eggs as fast as he could find them. Then we all worked together to get our traditional Easter breakfast ready. I is a recipe that my mom made when I was growing up. I don't know if it has a name but it is basically deviled eggs with a cheese sauce on top...you put it in the oven until it is all bubbly. Yummmmmmy!!!

Ok, so I know this isn't the most exciting post, but my next one will be much more exciting. I have some great news to share, but need to wait a week or two to make sure everything goes smoothly and I won't have to eat my words later! So stay tuned....

Still working on the tile.....we still need to grout and then put the final seal on. Why do our projects always drag on for so long? Oh yeah....time. We don't have any. I have a calendar up on the wall that has everyone's activities color coded. It is amazing how full it gets. Saturdays are especially crazy. We usually have multiple over lapping activities that we have to decide between. Today it was a Primary activity at 9....Savannah and Jeremy had a fishing trip with the Girl Scouts from 9:00 to 10:30. Micah had Soccer pictures at 10:45 then we all met at home because Alex and Jeremy had to help out at field day for baseball. Savannah had ballet from 12-1, Alex's baseball game (Jeremy is assistant coach) at 2:30, then of coarse Jeremy and I will need to fit in a work out because we are doing P90X together (I'll save that for another post) and well, you see how it goes! This is just Saturday. Jeremy is also working about a gazzilion hours a week. So maybe we'll get this tile done before summer?

3 comments:

Meg said...

Nice...I love it! You only live once right? Can't wait to hear the news....hmmmm? What could it be? I am guessing that you sold your house. Happy B-day to the boys. Love ya!

Diana said...

hmmm... pregnant or moving???

The Skiing Wallaces said...

Oh, so much to say. The monkey cake was great. You did a good job. I bet people think your big news is a baby! Thats funny. I'm pretty sure I know what it really is. (I'm still trying to send your pics!!!!) I LOVE LOVE LOVE The black organizational board you got. Where's it from? And if you say Jeremy made it I'm going to spit fire. Lately everyone's hubby's are making them fabulous things- mine is just making me nuts! j/k- he just doesn't have time for stuff like that- like you said. No time. Your Sat. was nuts. You need that dry-erase board.
And, finally, P90X????? You are crazy girl. That stuff is so hard!!! Let me know how it goes.