Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Micah!

Micah turned 5 last week! He is Soooo excited to be a 5 year old because he will get to ride the bus to school next year. We a fun little party at home where we enjoyed this beautiful soccer ball cake. (I now know that the pattern on a soccer ball is made up of black pentagons and white hexagons. I thought they were all pentagons. Guess I never took the time to look that closely)
Micah chose to go bowling as a family rather than have a birthday party with friends. I was very glad to not have to throw a party, but in the end, an hour of bowling and a few arcade games each turned out to be more money than a party would have been.

Bowling for the first time with the family was quite an interesting experience. Micah would roll the ball down the lane so SLOWLY that we sometimes wondered if it was going to stop right on the lane. On Alex's first turn he somehow managed to get the ball wedged in the gutter on the bumper. Jeremy had to go down and get it and he almost wiped out twice. Savannah managed to roll the ball sideways and it went down someone's lane......in the gutter.....she was mortified! And Gray, well, he was trying to pick up the balls and when he got tired of that he ran away to the arcade so that Jeremy and I had to split up and take turns entertaining him in the arcade. All in all it was a fun day for the family. (I'm tired again just thinking about it!)



Jeremy wanted me to share this picture with everyone. The kids and I gave Jeremy a smoker for Fathers day last year and he has been practicing different recipes and cuts of meat. They have all been good, but a couple of weeks ago he smoked a pork "butt" (which is actually the shoulder...I don't know why.) And it was AMAZING! I made BBQ sauce that turned out great and a coleslaw to go with it...in traditional southern BBQ you put it ON your sandwich. So if anyone wants to come on out we'll feed you some yummy barbecue! Good Job Jeremy!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Meine Gute! That looks so high quality! Jer, my neighbor has a smoker and it always so incredible. Hope to partake of that some day. I can't believe little Micah is 5, what a funny little guy.
I'm just up waiting for Megan to come home from work...a little bored am I.
Take care guys-
Ben